Free grounds shipping.
This system will work with an aftermarket high flow down pipe.
*Images show chrome tips, this kit comes with black chrome tips.
Armed with patented drone-canceling 180 technology and a straight-through design, the touring edition is the perfect exhaust for GLI's equipped with an aftermarket down pipe.
Under boost and heavy throttle, the touring edition screams.
At highway speeds, it is drone-free and civil within the cabin. The best of both worlds, perfectly packaged for the Mk7 GLI.
Sound Perfection: AWE 180 Technology
Perfect tone, compliments of AWE 180 Technology®.
As exhaust gases exit the GLI’s 2.0T engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers.
Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers.
The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.
Never feel stuck with the sound you have.
AWE made it easy to convert between all available configurations if you decide at a later date to turn it up or down. Add or replace muffler or resonator sections.
What’s in the Box?
Complete touring edition exhaust, two 102mm tips in chrome silver, and all necessary hardware for installation.
All tip options include the AWE logo and double-walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage.
All tips are individually adjustable, allowing depth into the bumper to be set according to personal taste.
- Proudly engineered, designed and manufactured in-house at AWE
- Max gains of 11 hp and 11 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels
- Available as sophisticated Touring Edition or more unleashed Track Edition
- Touring Edition features AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling 180 Technology®
- Track Edition available as resonated or non-resonated
- Handcrafted from 3” and 2.5” CNC mandrel-bent, U.S.-sourced T304L stainless steel with a .065” wall thickness
- 32.5 lb (Track Edition), 25.5 lb (Resonated Track Edition), and 14.5 lb (Touring Edition) weight savings over stock
- Direct bolt-on for factory-like simplicity
- 102mm double-walled tips in chrome silver
- Less is more: a clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- Lifetime warranty (one year one tip finishes)