A3 performance lives here.
Here are some features of the AWE exhaust system. Each feature was chosen for performance and longevity reasons, and when making your exhaust decisions you should settle for nothing less:
- Fully mandrel bent tubing
- Thick .065" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel internal muffler and resonator construction
- Stainless steel MIG and TIG welds
- Stainless steel T-bolt clamps
- Double-walled exhaust tips to reduce heat discoloration
- Included OEM turbo to downpipe gasket
- In-house dyno-developed
The catback system is topped off with signature 3.15" beveled exhaust tips. The tips have laser-etched AWE Tuning logos and are double-walled to ensure a mirror polish even under hard usage. The system has multiple slip joints with high-quality t-bolt clamps, to allow optimal adjustment.
AWE catback exhaust systems will mate up to your stock down pipe, and any down pipe designed to mate to the factory exhaust.
Why did AWE choose 2.5 inch and not 3.0 inch diameter for our A3 exhaust?
The first prototypes of this system were indeed 3.0 inch, but AWE found that the effort it took to move the large mass of air in the 3.0 inch system at lower rpms resulted in a loss of torque with very little offsetting gain up top. A 2.5 inch system simply works better.