Touring Edition exhaust for the RS5 Sportback
Given the increase of airflow when introducing an aftermarket catalyst, special resonators were developed to keep sound frequencies in check. These larger resonators are included in exhaust configurations labeled as "Resonated for Performance Catalyst," and available independently (to be added to existing AWE exhausts) via the "Resonator Conversion Kit."
Please note: exhausts labeled "Resonated for Performance Catalyst " and the Resonator Conversion Kit are recommended to be used with aftermarket catalyst.
A true, dual 3” T304L stainless steel configuration featuring a precision engineered x-pipe specific for the RS5’s 2.9 twin turbo, and topped off with AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution, 180 Technology®.
The result is a menacing, aggressive soundtrack throughout the range with a drone-free cabin experience under cruising conditions. RS 5 owners, this is the double-edged sword you’ve been waiting for.
Sound Perfection: 180 Technology® by AWE
As exhaust gases exit the RS 5s’ 2.9L engine and flow into an AWE 180 Technology® equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers.
By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves rejoin the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies.
What’s in the box?
Complete AWE Touring Edition Exhaust, two RS-style oval tips in diamond black, and all required hardware for installation.
Looking to crank it up or turn it down? No problem. AWE has conversion kits to allow you to do just that. Turn your Touring Edition into a Track Edition, or vice versa, with ease.
Resonated lower portions of the downpipes are included. These are recommended if you ever switch to aftermarket, performance catalytic converters.
- Proudly engineered, designed, and manufactured in-house, in the USA
- Featuring AWE’s proprietary drone-canceling solution on Touring Edition, AWE 180 technology
- Max gains 8 hp and 20 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (catback + piggyback tuner)
- Max gains of 5 hp and 15 ft-lbs of torque at the wheels (turboback + stock software)
- Available as sophisticated Touring Edition or unleashed Track Edition
- Handcrafted from dual 3” U.S.-sourced CNC mandrel-bent .065” wall T304L stainless steel
- Downpipes and precision-engineered x-pipe included in all editions
- Direct bolt-on catback system for factory-like simplicity
- Resonated downpipes for use with aftermarket catalysts
- 180mm RS-style tips come standard
- Less is more: a clean, straight-through design maximizes performance
- Perfect fitment, guaranteed
- AWE No CEL Guarantee
- Lifetime warranty (one year on tip finishes)